Android smartphone owners who are still sporting the older version of Google’s mobile operating system are always on the lookout for news about their devices’ Marshmallow update. Here are some of the reported schedules of roll-out.
Android Authority has published an extensive list of Android devices that have received and are scheduled to receive the latest Android version. Some of the upcoming ones are:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users based in the United States and using Verizon started getting the Marshmallow OS on June 2.
- OnePlus 2 smartphones received the official Marshmallow update with OxygenOS 3.0.1 UI starting June 5. This is a worldwide rollout.
- Lenovo Vibe P1 and Vibe S1 are expected to get the OS anytime this month worldwide.
- Lenovo A7000, A7000 Plus, and K3 Note will have a September 2016 schedule of roll-out in the U.S.
- Lenovo Vibe X3 worldwide users will receive the update by July.
- Lenovo A7000 Plus in other parts of the world will have a July update.
- Lenovo K4 Note in India is currently receiving the rollout.
In a previous report, Galaxy S5 under Verizon-locked contracts are currently receiving build MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPD1, which is the Marshmallow 6.0.1 version.
Report says Samsung is implementing the Android 6 update on its Galaxy Note Edge and is estimated to be around 1.5 GB of data.
ASUS is also prepping up a rollout by the end of June for their following products:
- PadFone S
- ZenFone 2
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition
- ZenFone 2 Laser
- ZenFone Selfie
- ZenFone Max
- ZenFone Zoom
Honor 6 (India) and Honor 7 are currently receiving an update, while Honor 5X is expected to follow soon. However, no information is available on whether the Honor 6 Plus and Honor 4X will have their updates.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow brings in features such as Android Play, fingerprint support, voice controls, improved battery management, Now on Tap and several more.